- The pipeline was significant in number of opportunities and value but sales were not happening fast enough.
- The company had a well-thought-out sales process that was not being followed.
- They didn’t have a sales methodology which meant it was hard to diagnose how much progress was made with each opportunity and what to do next to progress them.
- There wasn’t a clear playbook that described how to sell (ideal target, problems they face, solutions provided, etc.) everything was in the head of the CEO which meant he was a bottleneck.
- Finally, the CRM didn’t help salespeople and lacked a proper way to measure status and progress which made forecasting difficult.
How did the project come about? Having developed the product to its optimal point and having won important references in their home market, Schaman was poised to achieve growth through international expansion in Europe. Schaman had worked with Rev Engine in the past, they needed an experienced sales enablement resource to lead this initiative, they decided to hire Alberto’s Rev Engine due to previous positive experience, proactivity, and experience working with similar companies.